Thursday, September 28, 2006

INTERVIEWS: 2 Emily-related interviews from Hacken International

(source: Tracy's Hacken International news blog
http://hackeninternational.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_hackeninternational_archive.html
Go there to see more pics that went with the articles!)

Monday, December 12, 2005
Hacken's Given the Title of Most Faithful Boyfriend

Hacken attended the "apm x Hacken Lee Concert Hall Christmas Music Function" yesterday at Kwoon Tong, it attract almost 1000 fans. The host said many fine things about Hacken as a christmas gift to him. When he saw a girl dressed up as a Miss Hong Kong Winner give him the award of "Most Faithful Boyfriend" he began to laugh.

When You're Happy You'll Be Together

When given the award "Most Faithful Boyfriend" Hacken spoke frankly and said "I don't think being faithful is an award, if two people are happy then they'll be together, if she finds someone that is better then me then she'll leave me." When Hacken was writing words of blessing, he was distracted by the host and wrote the wrong word. He was going to write Good Health (in chinese) but flip the word healthy around *Sun Tai Hong Geen instead of Sun Tai Geen Hong*. Afterwards, he signed autographs for his fans.

Translated by Tracy @ http://s14.invisionfree.com/Hacken_International/
_________________

Hacken Will Never "Ding" Emily Lo Away
Sunday, December 11, 2005


Hacken's fans thinks that he is the on screen version of Stephen Chow, but actually he is a very boring person.

Hacken says that he will marry Emily Lo within two years, and share their happiness with friends and family.


Hacken says that will not cheat and that his heart belongs to Emily only

Hacken praised Andy Lau (left) to be a very hard worker, Joey Yung (middle) is considered as Hacken's voice saver.

After hosting "Minutes to Fame", Hacken (right) next year will be the host for the world cup, he is not afriad of the rumours of him doing this to win awards.
[captions under the pics that went with the article]

Hacken wanted to help, but just couldn't
Hacken's good friend, Joey Leung, earlier has been caught cheating with Queenie, which made Joey's girlfriend, Margret Chung steaming mad. Hacken did not give any advice because he didn't want to interfear, and said that within two years, he will marry his girlfriend, Emily Lo.

Friendships: Banquets to cherish memories
Hacken's buddy, Joey Leung and Miss Hong Kong, Queenie Chu's cheating event creates a stir. Other than going to work, Joey Leung has hid himself at home, Margret Chung finds it hard to forgive him but at the same time she can't let him go. Hacken doesn't mind talking about Joey's love life, but he believes that he should let Joey Leung solve his own problems.

Yesterday, Hacken accepted our interview at Tsim Sha Chui, right when they started the interview, Hacken help his buddy say a few good words. "Everyone has made a mistake before, as his friend I wish to be able to help him share his sorrow and get over this difficult time as soon as possible. I hope the public can give him a second chance. If I say too much it won't be fair to Joey, so we'll let him face his own problem."

He Helped Joey Ask for Forgivness
Rumours have it that after Joey was caught cheating Hacken went to talk to the higher level, Chan Chi Wun, to forgive Joey. Hacken said "I didn't! Joey is an adult, he knows what he has to do on his own. As a friend, I am there to help him analyze the problem and give him advice, in the end it is his choice to decide what he wants to do. All of you have overestimated my influence to TVB, I am only an employee, I can't influence the decisions the higher level plan to make. No one else, but Joey himself, can solve his own problems." Is there a cat that won't steal fishes (aka. someone that won't cheat), is Hacken this cat that won't steal? He laughed and said "I don't know if I will cheat, I still haven't met that "fish", I've always hope to meet them, but those fish never swim to me, at first there was, but I didn't give myself a chance. Talking about whether I would cheat or not is not so good to Joey Leung, I've only been lucky, I'm actually a really boring person!"

"People always see me on screen as a very happy person, always laughing and joking around, and thinking that I'm an on screen version of Stephen Chow, but I'm not. When it's about work, I've a very serious person, at work there is already a lot of drama, at home, I just want things to be simple. I actually like the simple life better, I won't go out just to find something different to do all the time. I usually just go golfing, watch sports, eat, watch series, play mahjong and that's about it. Emily is like that too."

Never Thought of Returning the Product
Hacken's goal are to be married before 40, he said "I will get married, but I don't have the exact dates yet, it won't be any later then next year or the year after next, all I can tell you is, it will be before I turn 40." In regards to whether it would be a grand banquet he said he has thought of that and will tell us later on and that their will be a banquet. Hacken said "I have said before that I was not planning to have a banquet, but one time when Jan Lam was helping me do the cover for my CD, he said he doesn't like wedding banquets, it's such a hassle and there's so much to do, but it would be a really good memory to cherish. That coming from someone that is so untraditional and in fashion made me think things over again, whether it's a cocktail or a party, it is something worthy of doing." Hacken also gave his girlfriend a reasurance pill, he laughed and said "Individuals are changing all the time, the most important thing is to help each other out and find happiness. Two people wouldn't be together if they weren't happy, if one day on person was unhappy it will make the other person unhappy and then they will just go their own seperate ways. If two people together were happy, then keep it that way, in many relationship, the two are always helping each other out and taking care of each other. Just a simple task like that may already be very satisfying and never thought of "returning the product" (aka. each other) and it never has to change.

Career: TVB and Hacken Benefits From Each Other
Every year when it is awards season, it is time for singers to get their report cards, the previous years it's always been competitions between Leo Ku and Hacken Lee, this year, there is most competitors. Eason has returned into the ring, when ask about awards, Hacken said he doesn't bother to think about it. He says he's won awards but he has also lost, as well there is a strong competitor, Andy Lau. Instead of spending time on thinking of how to win award, why not think of how to make his CD sell better, his is more meaningful. He is busy thinking of his new CD that has just been released and his concert next year.

Andy Lau a Strong Competitor
Hacken laughed and replied "I've seen everything, I've won the best and the worst awards. A lot of this I cannot control. If the song is good, you will give me an award, there are a lot of people out there are deserves to win these awards. I don't even know what else I can say about Andy Lau, he's a superhero, nothing can stop him, I've known him for a long time, before he would be worried but now he's really easy and relaxed about it. Andy is a very hard working person, if you are not a hard worker in the entertainment circle you will be eliminated very soon. There might not be someone in the entertainment business that has given up less than Andy Lau, but there is not another person that is as hard working as Andy Lau."

Nevertheless, the godson of TVB, Hacken, has spent a lot of time this year filming "Minutes to Fame", next year he will be the host of the World Cup, so there has been rumours saying that Hacken is only doing this to win more awards.

Minutes to Fame to win Awards?
Hacken said "Filming Minutes to Fame to win awards? If by filming I could win awards, then that would be easy. Why would I still need put so much effort into work then? I started filming in 1988-1989, if filming series makes you win awards, then I should have won them ten years ago. When Gallen Lo was a singer, did you see him win Most Favourite Male Singer award?"

When asked who Hacken thinks will win this year he said "If you ask me, it's still Andy Lau, in two different generations there are two most liked singer, one is Alan Tam and the other is Andy Lau."

Health: Vocal Cords
One year ago, Hacken's health has been poor, for example, if he was practicing for a performance, he will lack the energy, his breathing/lungs are poor, vocal cords are poor and then he will be singing out of tune, this has made him very uneasy.

Hacken said "Last years July, my health has been very poor, I am no longer 18, 22 (chinese saying, meaning young). I do a lot of exercise and my life is very normal, but yet this can still happen. There has been problems with my vocal cords, it's not a really big problem, the audience haven't said anything, but it just doesn't match my own standards. Last year when I was the guest performer for Miss Hong Kong, there was a part where Gigi Leung and I sung together. When I listen back to it, it scares me, it sounds like I don't even know how to sing. At around the same time when I was at the Sun Project function, I sung out of tune too!"

Joey Yung a Life Saver
Hacken said "One time Joey and I had to perform at Nham Jing, she introduce me to an acupuncter, she's pretty good, I did it once and thought it went pretty well. This time when she went to Hong Kong to listen to Joey's concert she helped me again, she had no plans to work, yet she still helped me."

"When I went to see a western doctor, they told me to just rest and I would be fine soon, but how can I rest? Resting is not an option in the entertainment business. The doctor said not to sing until my vocal cord is healed, but now I am about 95% healed. I just won't let myself not get enough sleep, not let myself watch soccer too late at night, I'll just record it and watch it another day. I'm 38, I can't let myself treat my body as if I'm only 18 anymore!"

Translated by Tracy @ http://s14.invisionfree.com/Hacken_International/

No comments: