Tuesday, September 26, 2006

from 2004 or 2005: INTERVIEWS---about Hacken's life/personality















(source: http://hackeninternational.blogspot.com/2005/12/men-heart-to-heart-chat.html)

Men Heart to Heart Chat
Friday, December 23, 2005

1. Hacken was ask to choose 5 people and tell them something that he's never been able to say before. He chose Alan Tam, Andy Lau, Shawn Yue, Joey Leung and his fans. Why did he not choose his parents or girlfriend, Emily Lo? He says that because he is already really open with them and tells them everything already. Whereas with these 5 peoples, he's always wanted to say something to these people but has never had the chance to in the past.

2. Hacken admits that 5 years ago, he was always trying to gain more money. He was so lost in his thoughts of how to make more money that he let many people and things go. Now he knows he has to do things that he won't let himself regret. Hacken said "There is nothing in the world more important than love. Like in September when my dog, that I've had for many years, died, my girlfriend (Emily Lo) and I were really sad but we did not regret it at all, because when he was alive, we were great to him and took good care of him. These years I'm no longer wasting all my time on how to make money, because I no longer want to let myself to regret anything." To not let Hacken regret we've given him a chance to say once more to the people he finds most important that he loves them.

3. Hacken admits that he is always open to his girlfriend and tells her everything already.

4. Alan Tam
"Thank you very much" I've rarely said this to your before because all this time I've seen you as family. You and I are not only just friends. I don't even know why you're so nice to me, it's not like i'm your son haha. I have learnt many things off you.

5. Fans
You guys are a singers motivator to continue on with their career. Ten years ago, I thought you guys were always invading my personal life, but now I think our relationship has changed into friends. In the past, I've experienced my CD Albums not selling well or Concert tickets not selling well, I've lost and I've learned, so now I will know to cherish you guys.

6. Andy Lau
Towards you, I can only use one word, impressed. As an actor you have gotten so far, yet you are still so eager and working hard to get higher. I've never seen another actor that's given up so much for their career in the entertainment business. From you, I have learned how to see an entertainment career as a business. Nonetheless, in one of my concerts in the past, there wasn't enough money, I didn't need to say anything and you sponsered the concert's firework, which was worth 6 digits. I was really thanksful and touched.

7. Joey Leung
I've never asked you what happened, but I know deep inside your heart you know what you did was wrong. You just didn't know how to handle the situation and didn't know how to express yourself. There isn't anyone that hasn't made a mistake, I too have made a mistake. As long as you can show the people that you know you are wrong and that you are trying hard to change, I'm sure the audience will forgive you.

8. Shawn Yue
You are one of the newcomers that I idolize, I have faith that in the future you will become a very good actor/singer. Hopefully you can withstand the things you get from being an actor/singer. Usually you rush into conclusion, it will take some time to learn. You have potential, but I think your acting skills are better than your singing skills, so in the singing area, just take it slowly. I was once young and I would ignore people that critisized me, but come to think of it, they're not my enemy, why should I act like that?

9. Afterwords:
After Hacken spoke words from his heart, the reporter asked him what would be the best and happiest lifestyle? Hacken said an easy and simple lifestyle would be the happiest. As for the best lifestyle, he said like Alan Tam's moto, if you want to do it do it, if you don't want to do it, don't do it. He also said "Retiring might not be the best thing, I have seen people in the entertainment retire, not being able to perform is very sad."

Translated by Tracy @ http://s14.invisionfree.com/Hacken_International/ [Please do not copy and post without permission]

*Credits to leehacken.com for the news article
*
posted by Tracy at 7:34 AM

________________________________

[translated by Jane]

Be My Guest show (July 2006)
Special Guest: Hacken Lee

Part 1a:

Marriage. You said that you will be getting married this year. So when is it going to happen? As an artist, we always hope to be busy every year. And this year is busy for me because there are so many shows to do, like the world cup, cds, etc. So if you say to get married before August/September, it is impossible. Well, end of the year. But the actual date, don’t know yet. When I print the invitations, I will let you know.

So it will be before December? Yes. So during the winter time? Yes, some time in the winter. Winter time seems romantic, right? Ehh… yea it can be romantic. Ever since I announced to get married, a lot of people come to us telling us they will sponsor this and that. We actually don’t want to bring too much attention to ourselves, we want it to be low-key. We want the wedding to be a memory for ourselves. Not something that we use as a way to make money or to make it business-like. I actually don’t know how the wedding will be like, but probably like a friend party style. The couple is not religious, so the wedding will not take place in a church.


Part 1b:

Meeting. It’s been many years, how did you meet her? ’92 she was in Miss HK. Met her thru TVB because I was the performing guest. So how did it start? Ehh… oh it just started. Before the reporters were not as forceful and didn’t follow so closely. Before the girls were really like friends. Daytime they will film, then at night they would eat together and then afterwards would go to the hotel lounge for a drink. So that gave chances for more chit-chat. So before she was even crowned as Miss HK, you already think, she is beautiful and she is the one you want to be with? Wow, such a tough/personal question. Well I think it’s destined. Between each person, I think there must be destiny. Like, if it was that year, maybe if I was guest performer in 93, or 91, then the story will be different.

So after she was crowned, did you have worries, did you think whether to continue with her or not? Actually not really because we were young at 20+ years old, we don’t think about these things. But to tell you a secret, after a few years, when the relationship was steady, our parents start to question the relationship. They’d say, “this so-called singer, is he serious? Or just playing around.” Then after I announced it this year at the awards ceremony, when I went off-stage I bumped into Rosa (I guess, Mother-in-law) said to me with tears in her eyes, “I am very happy that you guys can get married. Before I thought you weren’t serious and only playing around with my girl.” So yes, at that time parents would question the relationship. But things became more settled. So did her mom ever try to stop the relationship? No, she quickly knew that I’m good stuff. Hahaa…

I love eating. For me, I have a clear line between entertainment and work. See, for Alan, work is his greatest entertainment. But for me, I keep a clear line. Like if I am filming like 15-20 hours, I always reserve some time for my own entertainment, and eating is one of them. Eating is great entertainment for me.

So back to her. I remember the first time I asked her out was after she was crowned. It was considered our first date. I asked her what she wanted to eat, she said anything. So I suggested Japanese food because the portions are smaller, probably better for her. So that night I ordered a table full of sashimi and sushi, and then she said, “I don’t want to hide it, but I actually don’t eat raw food.” So I ate all the food and then also ordered some cooked food for her. During our relationship, she did attempt to try the raw food, but…


Part 2a:

So for so many years, did you ever ask her what she likes about you? Oh, I really don’t know. You know people who say they breakup because they’re personalities don’t match, but everyone have their own personalities. It will bound to be different. So can you say, what do you like about her? Oh, guys are very simple, beauty. If you ask 10 guys, 9 will say they like their “inner-self” but beauty is always a factor.

So with all these other Miss HK contestants, you didn’t see their beauty? Well, even when you walk out in the street, you will find other ones who is prettier or just as pretty. But you never thought about wanting to have a different girlfriend? No, I never did.

In your career, any girls try to approach you? Hahaa… nope. I always go home asking myself why and wonder what was wrong. Hahaa… in reverse, any guy try to approach her? I try to avoid letting this happen. Hahaha…

I think both of us is quite simple or out of date. When we find a restaurant we like, as long as they don’t close out, 20 years later we would still go there. I think we are both like that. Once we already have something beside us, we don’t think about wanting to change that.

After she was crowned and started the relationship with you, she stopped working, was that her own decision or part of your decision? Well I don’t want to answer this question for her. During that year, TVB had a lot of jobs for her. And since I had more experience than her, I told her the pros and cons of taking the jobs. But she decided not to take it. At the time, did you want her to work or not work? Ehh… I was more towards the side of not working. I wasn’t completely against her working, but I was more on the side of not working.


Part 2b:

How long after you guys were dating then you started living together? Hmm… I don’t remember. I really don’t remember. At the time we thought we would be able to live happily together and our parents didn’t disagree. I really have to thank our parents for letting us go about with our relationship.

There isn’t much that I don’t eat, just salty fish. And also durian.

After you guys marry, will you guys have kids? Yes. Is that part of the reason for marriage? Yes. How many kids? We’ll try one first. If possible, I would want two. If it was a boy and a girl, then that would be perfect, but life isn’t always so perfect. Do you want a boy first or a girl first? It doesn’t matter. Would you like a boy or girl? It doesn’t matter.

I feel like having the next generation is part of life. And also, we really like kids. And I am already 30+, well 38, and I think it is about time to have kids. Because if it any later there will be a generation gap. Of course the ideal age is around 20+, but relationships aren’t steady yet.

___________________________________

[translated by Minna]

Scoop show, with special guest host, Hacken Lee (from October 2005)

Amigo: Tonight, the host for Scoop is Hacken Lee. He


will be bringing us to see some clips of
himself
that he haven't showed anyone. He played
everything including eating and even about his
good buddy, Joey Leung. We are starting right

now.
Hacken: Welcom everyone for watching today's Scoop
episode. This episodes's " see yut doong
joo" is me Hacken Lee. What is "see yut doong
joo" la?
Amigo: Well, I am the only one who knows what it is.
It is our new entertainment. It's called this
because today Hacken will be the one who will

be thinking about what we will do and he is
in charge of everything which he do less work
and is very good.But what kind of topic do you

think the audience would like, Hacken?

Hacken: Ahhh...I think the audience would like to
watch actress, artists, etc. that not everyone
would be able to see all the time or an event.

So, for Scoop, I have already setup some goods

enterainment like the kinds of things at my
house and let the everyone watch.
Amigo: All of them!?
Hacken: All of them!
Amgio: Everything!?
Hacken: Everything!
Amigo: Actually, I dont know what Hacken has to show
us but what kind of hot news do you have?
Hacken: Hot news? are you talking about............
(Laughs)Well, about my good friend, Joey
Leung's rumor. I dont want to say much about
it. But the audience wants to see it, so later

we have invited him to talk to us.
Amigo: It's through the phone, right?
Hacken: yes
Amigo: But right now, nobody can find him except for
you.
Hacken: (Sigh) Let it go....I think..there are a lot
of things he knows himself by heart. Wrong
and right. he knows. OKay, let's talk about
some happy things. Previously, Alan and I are

filming a movie. During the movie, there are
many cutes scenes.
Amigo: Really Cute!
Hacken: (nodded)

-----------------------------------------------
-Hacken switching into a tuxedo-

Hacken: Okay, that's good. Thank You. Sir, coffee or
tea?

Girl who talks about the clip: Hacken is the groom
"see yut doon joo" Hacken Lee will bring us to
place where he films is new movie, going everywhere.

Hacken: Let me introduce you to fat brother. Other
people usually can't come in here, but of
course I can. Come here.....okay, let me
introduce you to fat brother. Brother,
brother.
Alan: Hey, why you bring these kinds of things in
here.
Hacken: (laughing) Hey, why don't you explain about
your body size.
Alan: My body size is...huge. My body size is....whao!

I think I will fit size 48. at least size 48.
what do you think?
Hacken: More than that. I think if you were a women
then you would have to have the baby right
now.
Alan: Why are you like this today? Why did you......?
you became the host?
Hacken: I asked some friends to come to chat.
Alan: Oh..to chat.
Hacken: Someone times when he is dressed up like that,

I cant even recognize him.

Alan: Really scared? hahahahahaha
Hacken: No, find a time when you're dressed up like
this and go down the street to see if people

would recognize who you are.
Alan: Nobody would recognize me. They would just think

it's someone else.

Girl who talks about the clip: Filming a movie needs
to be serious, Hacken picks his lunch serious too.

Hacken: Don't think that actress/actors gets to eat
good food. We eat these foods. This plate is
saved for Alan. Yea...the character that he
acts in the film is considered an old and fat
person so we specially save him more food. He
usually get only 2 pieces. Because the film
director says that an actors payment is too
expensive so oh no, there's a mosquito, we
have to give it to him to eat it. We will have
to do that.
I just ate the top layer of the noodles, then
the middle layer is saved for around 7:00
o'clock to eat. So around 7:00, I will eat
half
of this and later I will finish the last
half.
Lady/Host: Stomach full, Hacken is waiting for people
to set up for the film. Hacken starts to
get
excited.
Hacken: I dont really understand why they chose me to
act in this movie. How do I find an answer to

this problem? Boss, boss, boss,...we have some
questions to ask you.
Director/Boss: Yes...whats up, whats up??
Hacken: I just.....why do you find me to act in this
movie?
Director/Boss: It's right Alan, Left Lee. If I find
Alan and not Hacken, it wouldn't be
right.
Hacken: So you find Hacken because of Alan.
Director/Boss: No!! That's not it. Once upon a time...
................................10 Minutes Later......
Hacken: Do you know that you dont only see a mic bar
at a karoke place? You've seen it before.
Let's
go find the next person.
Lady/Host: Hacken "Doong Joo" even mess around with
his
good buddy.
Hacken: I want to ask you if there are any
relationship
with the character that you are acting in the
move with the recent news.
Joey: There actually is no relationship.
Hacken: No relationship? Okay, bye bye.
Lady/Host: After acting 2 shots, they continue waiting
again.
Hacken: 3, 2, 1 go! Everybody know that after filming
a
shot, the actors/actress has to wait. So, when

I wait, what do I do? When I wait, I...these
are the things that I have out here which
includes video games, listen to music, an mp3,
and I would record with a camera so that I can
edit it. But Mr. Tam is different. When he
have to wait, he usually do only one thing.
That thing is Sleep.
Alan: I want to ask you if your things are legal.
Hacken: Of Course.
Alan: Are you sure?
Hacken: Yes it is legal. Stores don't even have this
yet and I sneaked it out from my recording
company.
Alan: Whoa!!! You can sell it yourself.
Hacken: Shhhhhhhh!!!
Alan: But this speaker looks pretty good.
Hacken: Yea, it's a good device.
Alan: You can plug it to use or use a battery.
Hacken: Yea...
Alan: It's not bad. Oh, how does this work? There's
some noise. You press this?
Hacken: No, no. This is not the power, this is the
power button. (laughing)
Lady/Host: They have to go back to work now after
playing.
Hacken: Okay, I have to go to work now. I am not going
to talk to you now. There are many woman
waiting for me. Yes, I am the same as Joey.

-------------------------------------------------------

Back To Amigo & Hacken

Hacken: If I knew what will happen the next week, I
wouldn't of said that phrase.
Amigo: What would you do then?
Hacken: I would make him talk more.
Amigo: But I want to ask you Hacken, when did you and
joey met each other and why are you guys good
buddies.
Hacken: We actually have known each other for a really

long time. He's been a really kind and good
person. But a good person would sometimes do
wrong things. He knows it, he knows that it is

wrong so I am sure that he would come back and
take care of it.
Amigo: So you are good buddies with Joey, what is his
personality is usually like to friends? Are
your
interest and his interest the same?
Hacken: What are some examples?
Amigo: I dont know, just asking.
Hacken: Umm, he is a person who cares about his job
and
of course is really nice to his friends. If
not
then we wouldn't of been friends together and
have such a great relationship. So this time,
I see him......let's talk about another topic!
Amigo: Later, Joey will be on the phone to talk about
this topic so we will save this and talk about
it later. We invite Hacken to come here, we
must
ask you some questions. I know that you are
very
busy. Even a day is not enought time for you to

use.
Hacken: Oh, talking about busy is the correct time. I
am recently recording an album. We will be
recording ten new songs in one day.
Amigo: Also, I know that it is really cool during the
recording situation. And I also know that,
today's artist record the music first then they
sing. But artists from a long time ago for
example white glow plays as a live band
together. Hacken has followed this.
Hacken: I am not only White glow, I am glowing because
we are recording all 10 songs at once
including musicians in one day. Also, the most
unique part is that the cd has two side which
one side is for watching and the other is to
listen. One side is watching and the other is
listening.
Amigo: But today's scoop, Hacken is the boss. So is
your music side, are you the boss of everthing?
Like sing what song or what you cd cover is
like?
Hacken: Well, I can have comments but not necessarily
the boss of everything. But, if you're a guest
at a concert, you can boss.
Amigo: Why?
Hacken: Ah, you dont beleive it? Let's take a look!!
------------------------------------------------------

At Joey's Concert:

Lady/Host: Hacken brought us to Joey's concert because

he is one of the guest today. When we got

there, Hacken kept talking to someone in
the car. Maybe it's Ms. Lo in the car?
Hacken: They are my doctor who saved my life.
Lady/Host: Hacken had some problems with his voice,
she is the doctor that Joey had introduced
to Hacken. She can be said as Hacken's life

saver.
Hacken: That's enough.Don't record anymore..that's
okay
---------------------------
Joey: Welcome tonight's guest, Mr. Hacken Lee.
Then Hacken comes out and they sang their duet song.
Joey: Thank You Hacken Lee!!!!
Hacken: That side!! Hey, give me a hug!
Joey: I am really wet and you are wearing white.
Hacken: Wah!! You...you're very sexy.
Joey: Hey! Why aren't you wearing deep V? You usually
like to wear deep V!
Hacken: Today, I have to save the deep for you. You
are not deep, you are T. This T is not a
normal
T.
Joey: What do you want?
Hacken: I wore a T to match with you today.
Joey: Where?
Hacken: T A-shirt.
-----------------------
Hacken: It's not usual today because when I usually
see here, she wears many clothes. But
today....
everybody has seen many good things. Occording
to the every men, it is a good thing. I hope
she keeps this kind of characteristics at her
coming concerts which brings us benefits to go
to her concert.
----------------------
Amigo: Hey, that's all. That's not it! I heard there
was something special.
Hacken: Yea...because during the concert, she faces
three sides of the audience and did some very
sexy moves, like she swung her shirt open and
let everyone saw....like something everyone
would be really happy to see. But I feel that
it is unfair for the other side of the
audience,so...she let the audience sitting on
other side see it too. HOwever, we can't watch
the clips at this moment.
Amigo: Yea, let's watch commercial.
Hacken: Yep.
Amigo: Where do Hacken and Emily usually go to hang
out? How is there sweet home like? Also, only
Hacken can find him, Joey Leung, has some news
to tell us. Coming back to Scoop.
Okay, coming back to the secod part of Scoop,
"Doong Joo," I want to ask you, what is there
for us to see this part?
Hacken: There is many things to see this part
including
like when I said at the first part, I would
show you most of the things in my house.
Amigo: Barely anybody have seen it?
Hacken: Barely.
Amigo: It must be unseen, if not it would be weird.
The first part is eat. Hacken, we're going to
the places where you usually go to eat.
Hacken: Yea,yea.
Amigo: You must be very happy, you get to eat big
crab.
Hacken: Crab is of course happy. Buy actually besides
eating crab, I feel that there's many good
restaurants to eat at after work. For example,

this one is excellent!
------------------------------------------------------
Lady/Host: "Lee Doong Joo," howcome you like to eat
Japanese foods?
Hacken: There's nothing special. Where ever I walk, I
eat. So today, we walked by this restaurant so
we eat Japanese food. Japanese foods are
usually expensive. So us citizens doesn't have
the money to eat it everyday. But, this
restaurant is good and cheap so that's why I
eat here.
Lady/Host: Hacken is a very smart person, really knows
how to eat. He doesn't eat cheap foods. You
can tell how his personality is like by the
way he eats and drinks.
Wahhh!! It's very nice!
Hacken: Very nice!! These are the food that I usually
eat which include raw meat..yea raw meat. Also
rice, squid, and this one, I don't usually
eat,
but people say this is very tasty, a kind of
salad. Aunty 13 is the boss of this
restaurant.
She would take..1,2,3,4,..the 5th dish out
here.
Lady/Host: Oh! Do you usually eat 5 dishes?
Hacken: It's usually these couple dishes. But I think
the 5th dish is "Bouw Yoo"(not sure what its
called in english". Let's ask Aunty 13 if I am
right.
Lady/Host; Aunty 13! Wahhhhhhh!!!!!
Aunty 13: Your most favorite "bouw Yoo" came.
Hacken: Yep! Aunty 13 is a beautiful and sweet
voiced..
boss.
Lady/Host: She is the boss.
Aunty 13: Thank you, thank you.
Lady/Host: Wow!! It's very good. Aunty 13, so
everytime when he comes, he doesn't
have to say what he will order, you
already know? So you setup these couple
dishes for him.
Aunty 13: He will ask what is good. But if there is
too much raw fish, he wouldn't eat it. So he
would always pick these same dishes.
Lady/Host: So, does that mean he is a long lover
person? Are you?
Hacken: Yea, Joey Leung and I are a little different.
Can you cut this part?
Lady/Host: No, we can't cut, it's airing right now.
Hacken: Okay, hey eat. Eat, you don't have to care
about them.
Lady/Host: In front of the camera, all of us have seen
brother Hacken...
Hacken: Brother?
Lady/Host: has many good things for us to learn.
He is a hard worker, he is smart, and he is
faithful. Right?
Hacken: Are you trying to ask me..if in 96 hours if I
bring any girls here to eat?
Lady/Host: Yea, Did he bring any unknown person here
to eat?
Aunty 13: No
Lady/Host: It's always Ms. Lo right?
Aunty 13: Yes, correct.
Lady/Host: Ohhhh.....
Hacken: Pretty good
Lady/Host: Be careful, dont choke.
Hacken: I am just careful.
Lady/Host: Now you are careful.
Hacken: I hope Joey Leung won't be able to watch this
clip.
Lady/Host: Hacken had been eating at this restaurant
for at leat ten years. From newbie to #1,
the boss must understand and know how
Hacken's personality is like.
When he came here, does he give you any
attitude?
Aunty 13: No, not at all. There was one time, when it
was dinner time. There were many people. But
he doesn't mind if he sits at the 2 people
table and the people near him would greet
him.
Lady/Host: People would be surprised.
Aunty 13: Yea, there is.
Lady/Host: Wow! It's Hacken!!
Aunty 13: Yea, he is.....
Hacken: Yea! It is!! If we didnt talk about it, you
wouldnt know.
Lady/Host: We ony talked about Hacken, what does Ms.
Lo
like to eat?
Aunty 13: Can I tell them about that?
Lady/Host: Of course you can.
Hacken: How come you always ask questions that are no
use?
Lady/Host: No its not. This makes us happy.
Aunty 13: Want me to take the dish out for you guys to
try it?
Lady/Host: Sure!
Hacken: You already knew!
Lady/Host: Because of some time arrangement we already
made it. She likes to eat raw fish too?
Hacken: She is different. She eats the food I dont
eat,
I eat the foods she dont eat. For example, I
like to eat raw foods and she likes to eat
cooked foods. I like to eat chicken wings and
she likes to eat chicken breast. The good
thing
is that we can finish a whole chicken.
Lady/Host: That's good. What about eating big crab?
You eat the cream and she eats the crab?
Hacken: It would be great if that's true.
Lady/Host: We found out that Ms. Lo likes to eat this
kind of noodles.
Hacken: This is the food that she eats but I dont eat.
Lady/Host: Fish Noodles.
Aunty 13: Try it.
Lady/Host: Put it here.
Hacken: Try it, it's very good. What kind of fish is
it? Introduce it to us. How many fish are
cooked together?
Aunty 13: There is at least eight to ten kinds of
fishes cooked together.
Hacken: Yea. We won't tell you what kind of fish, but
just that it takes good.
Lady/Host: Let me try this.
Hacken: Not much meat. Mainly vegetables.
Lady/Host: Okay, it is mainly plain. So that means
Ms. Lo likes to eat plain tasted food
(not much meat but mainly vegetables food).
Hacken: Yea, me.
Lady/Host: You......
Hacken: Am I clear?....Eat! Everyone eat! All
workers!!
Lady/Host: They are eating "Bouw Yoo".
Hacken: Oh, they are eating already.
------------------------------------------------------
Continuation of Translation after eating:

Hacken: I have a little regret feeling.
Amigo: Why?
Hacken: When we were filming it, I said many funny
things about my good friend. I know I am
wrong.
Amigo: But when I saw this clip, I suddenly remember
something, Hacken.
Hacken: Yes
Amigo: When you date and go out to eat is actually
pretty happy and fun. Except for eating, where
do you go dating?
Hacken: Dating?..Soccer Stadium..watch people play
soccer.
Amigo: At Hong Kong or other countries?
Hacken: Both, Hong Kong and other countries.
Amigo: You have watched it at Hong Kong too?
Hacken: Yea, I have left many leg hair at Hong Kong's
Soccer Stadium. (meaning that he has been
there
many times)
Amigo: Oh, to see you I have to go to that place.
Hacken: Yea,.
Amigo: But I know that Hacken doesn't only sing well,
he has a hobby, it is that you like to edit
clips.
Hacken: Oh, first of all replying to singing well, I
won't accept that.
Amigo: Then I would never say that.
Hacken: But I like to record things about me, about my
house, many things about me with a digital
camera. After recording, I would edit it and
save it. So that when I have time, I would
take
it out and watch it.
Amigo: We are actually watching it right now.
Hacken: Yea,yea,yea...this clip is recorded especially
for Scoop.
Amigo: Yes
Hacken: It includes many things in my home. Everyone
would be able to watch in a sec.
Amigo: There are many things in your house.
Hacken: MM (nodded)
Amigo: What's this item?
Hacken: My helper recored this for some reason.
Amigo: When did you actually learn how to edit clips,
Hacken?
Hacken: I didn't learn it, most cameras includes
softwares and there are many computers that
has
basic editing clips softwares. Sometimes when
I
record many things and there are some things
that are necessary. So when you edit it, it's
better.
Amigo: But would you let everyone see some of the
clips
for example in your cd albums or at your
wedding......(Hacken interupted)
Hacken: Hey, this is......
Amigo: This is your...
Hacken: Yes, these are some of the toys at my house.
Amigo: How come it came back so fast.
Hacken: I have collected many toys. This is my dog.
Amigo: What kind of dog is this?
Hacken: It's a Golden Retreiver. I just bought it a
couple months ago. Of course I have recorded
many cute things.
Amigo: He's eating something. Does he like to chew on
things.
Hacken: Yea, I stop him.
Amigo: Hey, you bought toys for him to chew on.
Hacken: He chews on everything in my house.
Amigo: Who's that tall shadow of a girl?
Hacken: There is?
Amigo: Yea, there was a shadow of a person.
Hacken: My mother doesn't come to my house often.
Amigo: Really?
Hacken: Yea.
Amigo: What are you feeding him?
Hacken: It's only water!
Amigo: Wow! You're so brace Hacken?
Hacken: I don't want that to happen but he likes my
hand especially that finger.
Amigo: You have to stop that, when he grows up, he is
still going to chew on your hand.
Hacken: Yes.
Amigo: okay, we have finished watching the clips, I
believe we have connected the phone on the
other
side.
Hacken: High technique.
Amigo: No, the clips that we just watched are high
technique too.
Okay, let's see if it's ready.
-------------------------------------------------
Hacken: What's up buddy?
Joey: Yes, Hello everyone, I am Joey Leung.
Hacken: First of all, we have to tell everyone that
the
audio hasn't been checked, it's live right
now.
Can you tell everyone where you are?
Joey: First of all, the people who I had bothered and
cared about me, had, had a hard time. I am Joey
Leung, I am at Taiwan right now. But I want to
explain something. I am not like what rumors
have said that I am hiding or making an excuse.
It's because I have already scheduled to this
travel. This is just a beautiful coincidence.
I am not here at the same time. But, my good
relationed friends, I have contacted them that I
not here right now. So, I am not trying to hide.
Hacken: To prove that he is not hiding, he will be
coming back tomorrow.
Amigo: Coming back tomorrow.
Joey: Yes.
Hacken: yep
Joey: Yes, Yes, yes.
Amigo: But have Joey reached his destination at Taiwan

yet?
Hacken: There are some rumors saying that you are
trying to cheat on someone?
Joey: The trip is not for this point. Something has
happened that everyone knows. I know something
happene that I have to face and take care of.
But
first of all, I have to take care of my family.
I have to calm them down. So, because of what
had
happened, the biggest point is to calm down my
family and make them feel better.
Hacken: So you're are going to be a responsible man.
Joey: Of coure, of course, of course...
Amigo: There are some questions that I dont know how
to ask, so we are goint to let Hacken ask.
Hacken: Like what?
Amigo: Like the situation.
Hacken: Hey, are you the perosn in the picture?
Joey: I believe that everyone wants to understand. But
I am very serious and truly to say that I did do
something bad that had hurt friends who cares
about me. I cannot deny this. It is me. I can
only seriously admit that this is had affected
my life and will never be forgotten. I did
something wrong. Sorry everone. I let my close
friends down. But I dont want to deny or to make
an excuse for this responsibility. So I hope
everyone would give my time to change.
Hacken: Okay, Joey, there are only thirty seconds
left, if there such time for you to say
something to everyone in Hong Kong or
maybe to TVB, what would you say?
Joey: I think the most important thing right now, is
to say a couple words to my family. I have done
something that had made them unhappy. This is
the reality. So, I think the coming times, I
would need all of my time to make her become
normal and to be happy. On the other side, I
have to say sorry to my company. I maybe have
done something that had made you will not
beleive me and let you down. But, I hope to use
the coming times, to make you beleive me again.
I hope everyone....forgive me.
Hacken: We'll have to wait until Joey comes back to
Hong Kong to fully explain to us and to let
his friends know.
Amigo: I know that Joey will come back to Hong Kong
tomorrow. We will invite you to Monday's Scoop
to have a full interview and let you say all of
what you want to say.
Joey: Okay.
Hacken: OKay, thank you Joey's phone.
------------------------------------------------------
Amigo: Okay, Hacken you are Joey's good buddy, I want
to ask you what are your points of view about
this problem? Are there something that you want
to say?
Hacken: Um..I think Joey explained pretty much on the
phone. He knows that he have done something
wrong. Of course, this is a fact. No matter
where you have seen it on magazines or on the
internet, you have know about this. I hope
that
he would calm down. I also hope that every
audience would give him a chance, I say that
he
is a good person.
Amigo: Okay, Thank You!
____________________________________


SCOOP
show:
Andy Lau & Hacken Lee Crossover
(december 2004)
(originally posted at Hacken Lee Discussion Forum: http://forums.cinple.net/hackenlee/ )


TVB Star Showbiz (translation)
Posted By: Jane
Date: Thursday, 30 December 2004, at 2:01 a.m.

Hey Friends :
I know this is probably kinda old... but hmm... just posting for non-chinese speakers... hehee... =)

I finally saw the episode of Hacken and Andy Lau on Star Showbiz... but it was only the introductory part... haven't seen the whole thing yet... but it was already hilarious... =) if there is more, I will continue to post... hehee... if you guys like it... =)
-----------

in the part that I saw... (preparation and introductory)... Hacken wanted to ask Andy a question long time ago, which is whether he prefers people to see him as handsome, or appreciate his talent in singing or see his talent in acting... but as a starter... Andy turned the spotlight to Hacken and asked him various questions and limiting Hacken to answer within 10 seconds...

(these are only some of the questions that I remember)
Andy : if it is the last day of earth, who or what would you want to take with you?
Hacken : my girlfriend
Andy : which one?
Hacken : her (meaning Emily)
Andy : then what do you most admire about her?
Hacken : of course her looks
Andy : how many do you want babies? first baby will be boy or girl? what name?
Hacken : ehh... three kids, first one is boy... (no time for the baby's name)
Andy : if the entertainment circle no longer needs you anymore, what job will you change to?
Hacken : hmm... (he never answered this question... hehee...)
Andy : was your first kiss with her?
Hacken : who is her? huh? (Hacken tries to play it off)
Andy : here is a list of names, use an animal to describe this person. Leo Ku...
Hacken : porcupine
Andy : why?
Hacken : his hair is always like a porcupine
Andy : Andy Hui
Hacken : mouse
Andy : why?
Hacken : don't know, people always say that... I don't know why... maybe because of his arm muscles?
Andy : Edmond Leung
Hacken : pig's ribs
Andy: huh? pig ribs?
Hacken : yea, because he's so skinny
Andy : okay... the forth one... but I think this person is also a porcupine... Hacken...
Hacken : I am what? hahaa.... I don't know what I am... what do you think I am?
Andy : what I think? ehh...
Hacken : okay... time's up... hahaa...
Andy : I was going to drag on until time was up... hahaa... okay another one... Emily...
Hacken : ehh... can I say Mickey Mouse?
Andy : okay, fine. then last one... Andy Lau?
Hacken : ehh... Lion
Andy : wow, only four seconds
Hacken : yea, why Lion? you guys think about it... hahaa...

then Hacken changes the spotlight to Andy and asked him several questions with the 10 second time limit... I didn't translate these questions... except for :
Hacken : to you, Andy Lau, what is most important to you right now?
Andy : right now? friendship, because of you...
Hacken : wOw... so sweet....

hehee... that's all that I saw... it may not be the exact translations, but I've tried to stay as close as I can to their conversation... hehee... =)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! MANY WISHES TO EVERYONE ALL OVER THE WORLD... LET THE PAST GO, AND INVITE THE NEW COMINGS... =)

============================

Andy Lau & Hacken Lee Crossover (pt 2)
Posted By: Jane
Date: Tuesday, 4 January 2005, at 2:44 p.m.

Sorry, taking me awhile to get the translation done... it's taking longer than I thought... =) but hope you guys enjoy it...

Hacken = H.
Andy = A.
Narrator = N.

How did they meet?
H : How did we become close friends?
A : How? ehh... for me, it was the Olympics
H : That's what I was going to say. That was the one time we were able to work together for a period of time. On the plane, I kept thinking, you don't need sleep? We kept talking about ourselves. I was already getting sleepy, but you would go and play with the kid in front.
A : Its not that I don't need sleep. ehh... I'm really interested in life.
H : Especially the life of little kids, eh? hehee...
A : yea, since little I was like this. At the time didn't have many chances to get to know people. Even now, when other artists see me, they'd say, "oh no, he's talking again." I only want to get to know them and become friends, whether they ware the younger generation or the older generation.
H : oh, that's why you kept talking on the plane?
A : yea, I was trying to get to know you and understand you.
H : On that plane ride, this is what I thought about you... a person filled with lots of energy, and someone who really wants to be an athlete.
N : Hacken and Andy worked together in the Olympics at Atlantic City. They wanted to join the HK team in an event (not too sure what it was, the marathon?) but they were forced to leave the place, how embarrassing.
A : that time when we were forced to leave, did you find it embarrassing?
H : I didn't find it embarrassing. but maybe because I was with you... hahaa...
A : hahaa... yea, I know little shame. hahaa... but i think it was Uncle Sa (not sure, maybe one of the officials in the Olympics?)
H : hold on... first of all, that time... hmm... well actually not many people know about this situation.
A : yea, no one really knows
H : no one asked, they just automatically thought we were wrong
A : I think people were afraid they would hurt our feelings. They wouldn't come up and ask, "hey, I heard you were asked to leave the event? how do you feel?" we would have no answer. Till today, I really don't know what we did wrong.
H : yea, first of all I didn't know about their rules and regulations. Secondly, I did ask whether or not we could participate in this event. And what I meant in participating was that we walk to a certain point and we'd stop. And when they told me that we could walk, I thought we could walk all the way through.
A : I really think it was Uncle Sa. No one thought there was any problem, only him. Even the person under him thought there was no problem, but his boss said no, so is no. At the time we didn't face much embarrassment, it was only Uncle Sa's facial expression (imitates Uncle Sa)
H : yea, the kind with steam coming out of his head.
A : true, everything have their own rules and regulations. Even though you don't know the rules beforehand and you violate it, its still a violation.
H : yes
A : after these years, we d id come to accept it. That's why since then, it seem to drive us closer in our friendship.
-----> Olympic Scene (discussing whether they have to wear the uniform. and Hacken thinks they didn't have to because it was too hot. but they did have to wear it anyway...)
<----- N : At the time, Hacken was becoming popular very quickly. and people said his attitude was very 'hiu jeung' (kinda like having too much pride) and always offending people. A : you know at that time many people tell me rumors about you. saying that your words were very picky and straight-forward. why did this happen? H : its been awhile since they said these things about me... about 10+ years ago... but at the time I didn't think there was any problem. but you know that I'm a very straight-forward person. I never had much experience with socializing within society. After school, I immediately had song recordings, so I don't know how to communicate in the society. If that day your dress is ugly, I would be honest and say, "Wah, today your dress is very ugly." A : that I really don't know. H : its because you never did wear that ugly outfit. A : never mind about that. I want you to tell me today what other nasty things did you say before? H : i don't remember what I said. but I know even though you don't know what you said, you may have hurt someone's feelings whether you meant it or not. Even though it may only be seconds of exchanging words, but it can take up to 10 years for that person to change that impression on you. Even till today, there may still be little things that bother them because I haven't had chances to associate with them again. A : with little time left, tell us, do you think what you said, whether you meant it or not, was written in the newspaper with a twisted meaning? no.... let's say that the newspaper exaggerated the whole situation? do you think so? H : it may have been a wrong approach. but when i found out whether it was true about my personality... it was when Joey Leung told me that it was. A : oh, even Joey Leung said that? it's kinda like me, even the company's clean-up ladies told me I was handsome, so I was. H : so Joey Leung and Me is equal to you and the ladies... hahaa... A : hahaa... H : I will definitely tell Joey Leung about this... hahaa.... A : so since then you realize your problem? H : yea, then I deliberately started changing myself because i realized that people didn't like me for that reason. A : the doesn't it feel fake? H : in the beginning it was very hard, very hard. I always ask myself, "do i have to be this fake?" but i realize that people started liking me again. then it wasn't so difficult. no no, not difficult. my meaning is... it actually makes people feel better and comfortable. In beginning I wasn't used to it, but eventually becoming used to it, and finally becoming a part of me, then that's how I am today. Do you notice it? A : yea, but now I'm wondering, recently you've been complimenting on my wardrobes and saying that I was handsome, is there some problem? hahaa... H : no no, even the average person have come to agree that you are. ----- N : now into the main question... A : okay, let's say for example, me getting the HKFA Best Actor award, and you getting the Best Male Artist award, do you notice any change from different people, don't say artists, b/c it may offend people, but some people's attitude change towards you, before and after getting the award? like after getting my award, many directors begin to think that I could actually act and sometimes even getting applause, but before there was none. Before, no matter how hard I tried, they'd still give me that look (shows the facial expression) H : are you sure? A : yea. before the award I always thought my use of facial expressions was wrong. Did you feel his way before getting the award? H : more or less, yes, I did. I think that people's feelings towards you is different. what i mean by different is that the next day after the awards, newspapers would focus on you and even over a period of time the topic is about you. then gaining more job opportunities. Cause before, ehh... ehh... not literally starving at home, but job opportunities were few and even whether my CD can be released was a big question mark. Until getting the award, the job opportunities that you would have never imagined getting, did become a real opportunity. some include earning more money, and even finding happiness when doing these jobs. -----> Special Reel <----- A : talking about the four heavenly kings... H : I forgot what I was going to ask... hahaa... .... is it possible to rotate the spotlight on us? A : of course, the year is so long. like you get the spotlight during the beginning of the year, I get the end of the year, and someone else gets the middle of the year. H : can you have the spotlight this year, and I have the spotlight next year? hahaa.. A : of course, that would be even better... as it was said (sings...) that's it for part 2... kinda long... I watched part 3, but have yet to translate it... hopefully soon... hehee... sorry for the delay... =) ====================== Andy Lau & Hacken Lee Crossover (pt 3)
Posted By: Jane
Date: Wednesday, 5 January 2005, at 1:44 a.m.

Andy & Hacken Crossover (Pt. 3)

Hacken = H.
Andy = A.
Narrator = N.

A : tell the truth, did you at any one time, hated me, Andy Lau?
H : why would I hate you? NO.

N : during the 90's, the four heavenly kings arise. it was named that Hacken was the 5th heavenly king. but he was never able to fight through the four kings. if he has some kind of hatred within, it is not surprising.

A : in those reports back then, I always think why does it have to be kinds, why not five stars (ng fook sing), and then seven ?? (something, couldn't understand what he was saying), and then 10 brothers (sup hing dai), then wouldn't it make the entertainment circle seem bigger?
H : I, ehh... I did see this happen... in 96, you got the Male artist award and Jacky Cheung got the Gold Song award, then soon became the 4 heavenly kings. then i always wait and think, how come it can't be 5? then if it really can't be 5, then maybe I think I can actually force into becoming one of the 4? then I realize that at the time the atmosphere in the entertainment circle would not allow for 5th, 6th, or 7th. And it was also not easy to put them in.
A : Why?
H : I don't know. ehh... the timing, place, and people? and at the time it is in fact true, that these 4 people had outstanding achievements. I really didn't think that after all these years this name still arises.
A : 12 years...
H : this new name (new heavenly kings) kinda makes me happy. Why? because all of a sudden I've become a generation younger. I was suppose to be in another generation. But now I feel younger. you know? hahaa...
A : no actually you are in the middle generation, between the old and the new.
H : hahaa... It's really kinda funny.
A : then should I fight for my position again? hahaa...

N : these two kings seem to be talking happily but as they speak, Andy busts out that he has some grudge with Hacken.

A : I sent a letter to the restaurant and asked that waitress be fired. She asked me for concert ticket. I said Okay, you want to see my concert, okay. then she said if Hacken is guest that day THEN give me the ticket.
H : that's the one that wrote me the letter? hahaa...
A : hahaa... but she really is dedicated. when hearing people say that he is out of trend and old, she would be really mad. And she works in a high-class restaurant but she doesn't care, she'd still argue with you. (imitates her) who can sing better than him? you tell me? I will argue with them. so tell me which day he is guest, I want ticket. hahaa...
H : you better tell me...
A : no, I always wante to take you eating
H : I wan to see...
A : she is really something... hahaa...

N : As always, Andy always say that he is tops, but in singing skills, he comments...

A : I don't know how to say whether I am good or not. But you... well I have no idea, actually shouldn't be discussing this topic because we are competing for the best male singer. But singing skills, I'm really... (??? I really don't know what he said... sorry) hahaa...
H : yes... hahaa....
A : that day went to practice my songs, wanted to check my throat. yea if his throat has problem, then this year its all about me. but your singing with throat problem is like me singing, but I have no throat problem.
H : emm...
A : (sings)... I really did go home to practice... hahaa..

N : Hacken was with Alan for 2 years and been constantly popular and even recently did a crossover with Joey. But Andy does not fall behind.

A : I will do something with Paula Tsui Siu Fung (an old-time singer) I think we can create a good topic for people to write about.
H : yea? what?
A : yat lau yat fung (its a term used as a top lady in the socializing world (??)) hahaa... see I win, huh? then do a Lau Yat Chuen Concert. Good? (Sorry, not really sure how to translate these names he mentioned)

A : behind all these awards, is there secrets? does it require friendship?
H : actually between singers, there can be friendship. why not? but the media does not report on these friendships.
A : is it, I'm still questioning myself, am I not suppose to talk on this issue? is it really as people say; my back on him and he back stabs me? this is what people want to see? at that time I get many awards, do you get mad?
H : why would I suddenly become mad? it is not an issue.
A : is friendship there?
H : yes, its there.
A : I receive a lot of awards, then I get none, you get it for 2 years, did I get mad?
H : I think not.
A : if there is this kind of feeling, then its difficult to continue being friends. that's why when I get it, you don't, and then to you get it and I don't, nothing changed/affected our friendship. then why is it that friendship cannot happen behind awards? and also, the media doesn't feel this friendship? I don't know whether the current singers' friendship is like ours, but I hope it is. What do you think?
H : I, I think, definitely because of awards, it may not be the singer, but the background officials, the company, who is secretly fighting. then other singers' sides is also this group of people who wants to take revenge. therefore it makes it seem like its the singers who are fighting. but actually may be these side people. that's what is important.
A : so singer and singer can have friendship. people should use a more open format to know other people.

-----> SPECIAL REEL <------ A : say 3 things that you are unable of this year H : you mean like, the result is not me, so what was i unable of? A : no, just 3 things that you are unable of. H : ehh.... A : say none, aiii... there is none. I can't find any reason. H : Beyond says that too... Part 4 is coming soon... =) I loved Part 4 the most... hehee... =) ==================== Andy Lau & Hacken Lee Crossover (pt 4)
Posted By: Jane
Date: Wednesday, 5 January 2005, at 2:03 p.m.

Andy & Hacken Crossover (pt 4)

Hacken = H.
Andy = A.
Narrator = N.

N : These two top artists is competing for the male artist award. But Andy stays that he is at a disadvantage.

A : you have the company, I don't, I only have my dad.
H : what about before?
A : Now I don't.
H : wouldn't your dad help you in the company?
A : nope. he walks the farmer's markets. hahaa...
H : you dad walks the farmer's markets, but he won't...
A : won't what?
H : won't take advantage of you.
A : yea, but my pressure is bigger now.
-----> video clips <----- N : Hacken already says that he wishes to receive the award for a three-in-a-row strike but Andy is a strong competitor. They really are competing greatly. H : let's say for example, Hacken can't get the award this year, then what? A : then... then... Ladies and Gents... hahaa... H : hahaa... but it must be like this, right? i think, i think, you're different, you're another level higher. but the process still stays the same. A : wait, so you're pushing me back to the older generation since I'm another level, right? H : ehh... tell people whether or not you still want to get the award? A : of course I do. you know what i want? H : hmm... then I'd better sit farther apart... hahaa... A : then... you know people always to go through different stages in life, right? of course I wish i can get Most Popular Male, Asia's Most Popular, then World's Most Popular... H : and Gold Song Award... A : get the HKFA Male Actor, and this year got Golden Horse Award too... Gold Song Award? maybe next year... WAH!! just with this 5... ha... hahaa... Am I dreaming big? H : no. I think we all must have our own goals. A : yep, sorry but if this year's male artist is Andy Lau, then what would you do? H : continue with work, whether win or lose, but if it is Andy Lau, then of course must hug... hahaa... N : this isn't going to work. So Andy decides to use cards to help Hacken predict whether his chances are high or not. A : I'm gonna help you predict. Do you want to the award? H : yes A : okay, so you want the award, and I do too, right? H : so you're going to use these cards to see who's chances are higher in getting the award? A : no, I'm gonna help you predict first. If your chances are not high, then I will compete with you. if your chances are high, then I'm going to leave. hahaa... N : this playful/tricky Andy. It's really not a prediction, its a magic trick. A : all the luck depend's on one's efforts and hardwork, so this is a game that you must play by yourself. here is 6 stacks of cards, you must separate it in half, like this or like that... ------ CARD TRICK ------- okay, here is 3 stacks, gonna separate it again into 6 stacks.. now split it again, pick 1 stack, then again... okay now 4 cards, choose 2, okay? now pick 1 to throw out. this whole process was all about what you picked. so this card tells you how high are your chances in getting the award. H : you've got me all nervous!!! can I see the card now? A : not yet.. If I look at the card and its big, then I'm going to leave. so if your card is an Ace then I have to go too. H : well, depends on how you evaluate the Ace. A : well if its a Diamond Ace, then maybe I still have a little chance, but if it is a Spade Ace, then I must leave, right? H : look at it first!!! A : then you look... H : is it a magic trick? A : you take a look... H : eee..... A : ladies and gents, look like this year's chances are quite high. H : can you teach me how you did that? A : can't teach... this is pure luck... if you ask me to do it again, I don't think I can. H : you're such a friend. A : hahaa... remember, everyone has luck, just depends whether it is high or low. so this tells you that this year your luck is high. So I must wish you all the best first H : ehh... A : no, congratulate/wish you the best first!! I still have one question. okay, let's say, in case you can't get it... hahaa... let's say my prediction was wrong, then what are you going to do next year? H : next year? well, first I must review on why this year I couldn't get it. this is, ehhh... well because i am the type of person who likes to review/reflect on the things i did. A : okay, luck says that you can get it, so if you do get it this year, then what did you do that makes you get this award? because of what? H : this year... emm... emm... I think because I did a concert during the beginning of the year... A : i did too... it was near the year-end too. that's my advantage. but i keep picking the Diamond Ace. I did this at home a few times. hahaa... H : hahaa... each one of us should name 3 things from this year that we did was good. share with everyone. A : okay. H : at first I said one, the concert, then you also have concert. if I must say one more, then of course it must be songs. 'Goodbye Kiss Position' and 'Flying Man' is okay. A : if we name songs, i'm afraid I will name all 10 songs. hahaa... but in 1 CD, there is 5 songs and 1 more 'If Something Happens to Me' then you get award. hahaa.... okay, concert I have advantage over you. Songs i have 6.. just roughly naming, I already have 6... H : then looks like you should be getting the award.. A : but i lack in luck. true talent is only worth half the points. you luck is a lot higher than mine.. -----> SPECIAL REEL <------ A : this is hard to open... is there a knife? H : can you perform that again? A : perform what? H : what you just did at first A : okay, let's try it again.. tell me when to stop, just say stop. H : stop! okay, now what? A : that's the one you picked. you said stop. this is your card. take a look... H : cheh... hahaa... A : see its that one again... I'm leaving... hahaa... H : hahaa... A : no no, you gotta take that card home... H : then what? use water to boil it and drink the water and put the card on my door? A : yea, use 4 bowls of water and then put this in a jar with the other stuff and bow to it... hahaa... H : hahaa... ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ that's all... i think there is only 4 parts right? hehee... hope you guys were able to understand my translations... hehee... =) I really loved this last part... hehee... Hacken was so funny when he said that he was nervous... hahaa... okie dokes... =) we'll wait and see what happens with the awards this year... =)


No comments: